Saturday, November 6, 2010

Glimpse the Shadow. . .

I've been watching this man for the last several days on the train. I have been asked to be silent much more these days than to speak. It feels strangely odd, but peaceful. What Jesus tells me is to just watch and be still, but to 'show them My Heart'.

Back to the man - I don't know what his religion or belief must be. But he's always reading this square book - perfectly square in size - about 8" - about 2" thick - he reads it from the back to the front and he chants while he's reading. The language in the book is not English for I've been close enough to him to inconspicuously glance at it. Every so often, he covers his mouth and closes his eyes tight and his forehead tightens. Then he relaxes, opens his eyes, and goes back to reading and chanting. He is very polite; he gave up his seat the other day to a woman, and he stood by the door and continued his meditation.

We get through the tunnel and he prepares to get off, putting his book in his bag. He then just stares off into space, once in awhile yawning, until it's time to go. He never speaks and he never smiles.

This morning, Jesus and I visited about him. I said, “Lord, that man is so devout in whatever it is or whoever he is worshipping.” Lord said “Yep, and?” I said, “Well, Jesus, he's so unhappy looking. I've watched him off and on for several days and it's always the same. My heart is heavy for him for I know he doesn't know You and truthfully, Lord, I don't feel he wants to know you.” Jesus said, “And how, Dear, do you know that?” I replied, “Well, Lord, you know You've told me to be still, You haven't had me get out my Bible, so all I've done is smile. And Jesus, he will NEVER look at me so I can smile at him. For I know if he'd see Your Smile through me, he'd be moved toward You.” Jesus said, “Exactly right, Dear - he would see Me through you, if he would but look. He'd see the sparkle you have for Me. And I'm sure you've noticed how dead his eyes are?” I said, “Yes Jesus, no light at all. Not even a glimmer.” “Well, Dear, that's what feeling unrighteous will do to those who are made to honor someone or something other than Me. Those, like you, who have been called and choose to be My Child, will have that peace these others will never see. Do you understand now why he won't look at you, Dear?” I said, “Yes, Lord, I understand. He can't, and won't, let himself even glimpse the shadow of Your Smile, for he then, Lord, would be changed. And His whole life would be different. So Jesus, what to do?”

"You know, my Child. Just keep smiling!"

I love you, Lord......

Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear. Matthew 13:43

No comments:

Post a Comment